Hi 1MW! The countdown is over! The 1 Million Women SAVE Program has arrived – our initiative for 2012 focusing on saving energy, cutting waste and pollution and saving money at the same time!
The SAVE program will give you the tools to ‘SAVE’ in your daily life through 6 key focus areas – FOOD, DRIVE, WEAR, SHOP, POWER & INVEST. The program will be rolled out one focus area per month for 6 months. First up is FOOD, running for the entirety of Feb.
Now, the blog throughout the SAVE program is going to be acting a little differently, it’s going to be our hub for guest bloggers, who will bring you fabulous, informative and inspiring articles and stories relating to the focus area of each month.
This month’s guest bloggers for FOOD include –
- Sustainable Table – Sustainable Table uses food as an entrée to explore sustainability issues.
- Julie Goodwin – Australia’s first MasterChef
- Maeve O’Meara – Award-winning food and cooking author, journalist, broadcaster, television producer and presenter & 1MW Ambassador
- Sam Mostyn – AFL Commissioner & leading climate and sustainability adviser & 1MW Ambassador
- Lish Fejer – DIY Green queen at Green It Yourself & 1MW Ambassador
- AND MORE TO COME
Food is a BIG part of our lives, and one we can all take action in.
The 1MW ‘SAVE’ approach to the food in our lives focuses on eating well, cutting waste, becoming more self-sufficient, and saving you money. During this month the target is you learn how to save over 500kg or more of CO2 pollution per year and $500 a year, and a lot of water and other resources too by managing your food better.
We all eat, let’s build a ‘SAVE way of living’ into your daily diet!
Find out more about SAVE – visit the website