Avoid prepackaged snacks this school holidays! We have found the perfect quick and healthy snack to keep everyone (all ages) happy and healthy. With an added bonus of being dairy-free you are also choosing a planet-strong food and eating your way to a better environment.
Thanks to the great people at One Green Planet for this delicious recipe.
Ten-Minute Raw Peppermint Slice with Choc Ganache
- 1 cup Pecans
- 1 cup Medjool Dates, pitted
- ½ cup Almond Meal
- ½ cup tightly packed fresh Mint leaves
- 6 tbsp raw Cacao Powder
- 4 tbsp shredded unsweetened Coconut
- 2 tbsp dark Agave Nectar
- Large pinch Sea Salt
- ⅓ cup chopped Cacao Butter
- ¾ cup dark Agave Syrup
- ½ cup + 1 tbsp raw Cacao Powder
- 1 tbsp pure Vanilla Extract
- Pinch Sea Salt
- Throw all Mint Slice ingredients into a food processor and process on low speed until well combined and it becomes a kind of sticky ‘dough’.
- Push mixture into a flat dish and press down firmly and evenly to create a large ‘slice’.
- In a small saucepan over very low heat, gently melt cacao butter.
- As soon as cacao butter is barely melted, stir in all other Ganache ingredients until well combined.
- Use a knife to spread a thin layer of Ganache over the top of the large Mint slice.
- Refrigerate dish for an hour or so.
- Remove from fridge, cut into small slices and serve.
Yield: 10 servings
We are daughters, mothers, sisters and grandmothers getting on with practical climate action to live better for us and the planet. Join the movement at www.1millionwomen.com.au