Heading to the farmers market this weekend? Well, you will be after you read this!
This vegan tart uses seasonal beetroot and lemons to make an amazingly earthy and zesty that will leave you wanting more.
Did you know?
Buying local means you are saving a lot of food miles and you are supporting local business, a win-win situation.
For more tips on how to eat sustainably click here
Beetroot Tart With Marinated Tofu
via @fit_healthy_living on Instagram.
2 fresh beetroots
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 sheet of puff pastry (bought or homemade is fine)
1tsp raw sugar
1 small package of hard tofu
1 tsp salt
2 cups of water
juice from two lemons
2 tbsp of olive oil
FOR THE TART
– Wash and dry beetroot, cut into wedges.
– Put 1 tbsp of the olive oil in a baking tray.
– Add the beetroot wedges, then add the last 1 tbsp of olive oil, the balsamic vinegar, sugar, and salt.
– Put into the oven for 30 minutes on 160 degrees.
– Take out of the oven and insert sheet of puff pastry onto oven tray, straight over the top of roasted beetroot.
– Tuck in at edges and place back in oven for 25-30 minutes or until brown.
– Allow to slightly cool then put a chopping board on top, flip it over so the tart comes out.
– Add parsley.
FOR THE MARINATED TOFU
– Slice the tofu into cubes and add to a pot with the water, lemon juice, salt, and oregano.
– let it simmer for 15-30 mins
– crush some over the top of your tart and use the rest as a side plate.
Check out Sustainable Tables seasonal produce guide by clicking on the image below.
We are daughters, mothers, sisters and grandmothers getting on with practical climate action to live better for us and the planet. Join the movement at www.1millionwomen.com.au